Friday, May 23, 2008

Where Never is Heard a Discouraging Word
















I’ve never been one to complain, very much. I have not even told friends and family the things that are not so good here.

Since they asked, I made a list.

1. I do not like stepping over the occasional dead cat on the way to the bus stop.
2. People throw their garbage in the streets – more cats.
3. Cats and dogs live wild in the neighborhoods.
4. Wild dogs live in the park, so children play in the street.
5. The streets have no crosswalks.
6. Traffic has no rules.
7. Pedestrians walk into oncoming traffic in order to cross;
8. That’s me, once a day – eight lanes.
9. The drivers do not drive in lanes.
10. On my way to school to teach rich children, I see poor children already at work.

And the skies are not cloudy all day.

                                                                       Child at Work




Child at the Orphanage



A Neighborhood